Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What to eat? Packing Food for 5 nights

Looks like we should plan on bringing 1.5 to 2 lbs of food per person per day.

Food Types:

  • Food breaks down into freeze dried and dehydrated,
  • Food that needs a little cooking like couscous
  • And dry grains.
Some Resources:

    There are plenty examples of a packing lists out there as well.

    I plan on sticking to things that don't require any cooking. I'll probably pick up some Mountain House for dinner and make my own breakfast and lunch.


    "...I think of a Cree friend with whom I travelled early in the century.  I wonder what he would think about the modern day luxury of this food budget.  We had a canoe, fish line, rifle, two rabbit skin blankets, flour, tea and a bag of salt.  We slept under the canoe, and lived largely off the country - on fish, game and berries."


    Sigurd Olson

    No comments:

    Post a Comment